Arrowpoint Bookkeeping is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include:
- your name and date of birth;
- your contact information including physical/postal addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers;
- where relevant to the services we are providing you, your financial information about your assets, occupation, income, bank account balances, account activities, payment history;
- government identifiers (such as TFN, ABN, ACN);
- shareholdings and details of investments;
- details of superannuation and insurance arrangements;
- educational qualifications, employment history and salary;
- visa or work permit status;
- personal information about your spouse and dependants; and/or
- information from third parties, such as banks, financial planners, insurance brokers, mortgage brokers etc, where it is permitted under the APP’s to disclose or receive the information to/from the organisation, or has received the prior consent from the individual to release the information to/from the organisation.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
How does Arrowpoint Bookkeeping collect your personal information?
Your Personal Information is obtained from you in many ways including:
- voluntarily provided to us via interviews, telephone or SMS;
- voluntarily sent to us via post, email, forms, facsimile, the contact us page on our website and any other parts of our website including our online client portal.
There also may be occasions when we collect your personal information from other sources such as:
- your employer where they are our client;
- your family members;
- your representatives, agents or referral partners;
- a related body corporate or business partner or associate of Arrowpoint Bookkeeping; and/or
- a publicly available record.
We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
When will Arrowpoint Bookkeeping use and disclose your information?
In general, we will collect, hold, use or disclose personal information for a number of purposes including (but not limited to):
- to provide professional services, including accounting, taxation, business services & advisory, corporate advisory, financial, management consulting or other related services to you;
- to respond to requests or queries;
- to maintain contact with our clients;
- to keep our clients and other contacts informed of our services and industry developments;
- to notify our clients of seminars and other events;
- for administrative purposes;
- for purposes relating to the employment of our staff;
- when engaging service providers, contractors or suppliers relating to the operation of our business;
- to manage any conflict of interest or independence (including auditor independence) obligations or situations;
- to conduct surveys;
- for seeking your feedback;
- to meet any regulatory obligations;
- as part of a corporate transaction such as a sale, divestiture, merger or acquisition; and or/for any other business related purposes;
By providing us with your personal information, you also consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for:
- providing you with news and information about our goods and services;
- purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of our goods and services;
- providing you with the functionality on our website, and customising and improving your online experience with us;
- personalising your experience with our products and services, for example, via connectivity with social media services;
- sending you marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in, either from any of our related entities or a third party business which we consider may be of interest to you; and
- seeking your feedback on our services, or for market research purposes.
We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
You may at any time request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications.
Your personal information may also be used and disclosed to protect our rights or property and that of our users and, where appropriate, to comply with legal processes, which may include disclosures to law enforcement, regulatory or government agencies.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out above. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- third parties engaged to perform administrative or other business management functions;
- our business partners and associates;
Arrowpoint Bookkeeping’s disclosures of your personal information to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. We may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, up to date, and relevant whenever it is used, collected or disclosed. You may request access to your personal information by contacting our office. Subject to any legal restrictions we would be happy to advise you what personal information we hold about you if you request this. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable period. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
There may be some cost to you to cover the cost of retrieving and processing the information if it requires a significant amount of time to locate or collect your information or to present it in an appropriate form. We will let you know in advance if any charges will apply.
We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide to us. If you think that we may hold information about you that is incorrect in any way, please contact us and we will correct any errors or inaccuracies where required.
If we are unable to provide you with access to your information, or make any amendments which you have requested, we will advise you of our reasons.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
PO Box 265
RINGWOOD VIC 3134
Ph: 03 9870 2304
Last Updated : February 2018